Archive for the ‘natali del conte’ Category
So I’m back in New York after six intense weeks of Marvin care and I have so many things to say it’s making it hard for me to say anything. This is a hazard when you’re a blogger who is known for sharing the details of your life. Also when you’re known for being achingly beautiful. I’m telling you, spending nights in the hospital did my complexion no favors. And that delicious hospital cafeteria food went straight to my hips. I think I should make a list of things I need to tell you:
1) I trust you’re all coming to see me Thursday in News Distillery at the 92Y. Here’s a story about Faith Salie that mentions it if you want more info which you probably do because you’re so like that.
2) I’m really proud of the ARIYNBF shows I put on in CA and I’m glad I did that even though at times it was hard.
3) Perhaps you’re reading this and you’re new to me and you’re wondering what I’m talking about.
4) Soon I will be able to speak about it, I think, but for now I have to be all vague and elliptical but here’s what you can know: one of my family members whom I’ve named “Marvin” was just diagnosed with something no one wants and so I’ve been helping out.
5) Not crabs, though no one wants them.
6) Or Jordan almonds.
7) Before the Mad Men premiere I kept wanting to write a list of “Mad Men inspired drinking games by someone who doesn’t watch Mad Men and doesn’t understand drinking games.” That person isn’t me, of course, since I watch Mad Men and love to drink till I puke.
It would be a persona. A device. A trope, if you will.
9) You won’t.
10) By the way, I don’t actually love to drink till I puke. In fact I seldom drink these days which is all part of the way I don’t have fun and am letting life pass me by.
11) woe = me
12) I’m actually tired of the Goldenrod Footbridge. Can you believe it?
13) In the past going home to CA was taking a break however a few days before I returned to New York it was suggested to me that I should return if for no other reason than I clearly needed a break and needed to get strong again before coming back to CA. This idea that New York is now the place I go when I need a break is doing all sorts of funky things in my head.
14) Specifically it’s doing the electric slide.
15) “A Marvin being sick marks the true end of childhood,” said a therapist.
16) Or maybe she said, “A Marvin being sick truly marks the end of childhood.”
17) Well, you get the point.
17.5) Not MY therapist! What use would I have for therapy? My brain is perfection and my emotions are a thing of beauty and my thoughts conform to the Platonic ideal of thoughts and my feelings are so appropriate you only WISH you had my feelings.
18) It’s hot in New York. I kind of hate that.
19) True Blood is now my favorite distraction and I’m sad I’m all caught up.
20) Also? I’ve been cheating on Splenda with Truvia. Just a little though.
21) I miss Tobey.
22) Congrats to Natali Del Conte on the birth of her baby boy!
23) Thank you all for the encouraging words you’ve sent my way.
Tonight is a super duper special awesome show (ok fine, I say that about all of them but I REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME) because my friend Nevada Caldwell will be dropping in and she has choreographed every aspect of this from her outfit to her opera cake. I don’t know you guys, I just work here. Also, we’ll be talking Natali Del Conte and learning about the iPad and probably we’ll have to discuss NOODLES.
Here’s me and Natali!
And Dustin may or may not show up. Don’t even get me started on that guy. And of course we’ll be doing all the things you love like JMOE and TV Talk and phone-a-fan and dating experiment and I have new songs to play you that Trapp wrote and they are amazing!
Tonight’s sponsor is Saxton Manufacturing Co. They also sponsored last week’s show. You should call them up this instant and thank them for keeping this show going because I’ve been calling them every minute on the minute thanking them but I am just one person. I just learned a lot about water treatment including all the different kinds of things that could be in your water depending if you live in a city or rural environment. Seriously, I could go on Jeopardy and sweep the water category, if there were one. Uranium, you guys. URANIUM in water! It’s happened! So the thing about Saxton is they can deal with any kind of water treatment situation you need to take care of. And they’re nice. How nice? So nice they sponsored this show and the last one. You can ask for water hardness testing strips for free if you want a fun free thing and you can also talk about any water questions or issues by emailing Gary at SaxtonAR [at] gmail [dot ]com or using the form on their web site. You can also call (714) 546-9020 for info. Deep discount for my viewers so mention that, won’t you?
James Sleeth made this and I’m honored to be included!
Cookie party prize winners (L to R: Natali, honorable mention for her snickerdoodles; Jill, best looking for her ice cream cookie sandwiches; Seven, most creative for her cookie hamburgers; Ann, best tasting for her peanut butter cookies; me, tackiest for my sugar cookie disasters)
Over the weekend I won another award. I swear to God you guys, the accolades are coming fast and furious which is just the risk you take when you’re extraordinarily gifted, I suppose. Read the rest of this entry »
You guys! I totally didn’t see about half the questions you sent in because I experienced a twitter error. Don’t make me go into details or else it might become apparent that it’s more my fault than twitter’s and I just don’t like that, I don’t like it one bit. So what I’m trying to say is, I’ll get you next time, people whose questions I didn’t answer. And as always, thanks to all of you who watch these videos and comment and make me laugh and smile and are awesome and the bestest.
Go here for more on Natali Del Conte. You know you want to!
For more about Natali Del Conte go here.
P.S. I’ll try to get her lobster corn chowder recipe today and then I’ll post it and then it’ll be like my blog is not only silly and all about me but it’ll be silly and all about chowder and kind of servicey and maybe one day I’ll even have a tab you can click that says “chowder” or maybe “soup” so at the top it’ll be like “About” “Bio” “Reel” “Upcoming Appearances” “Video” “Soup”
Please note the hot Rudolph action happening on my nose and also my cheeks a little bit. I still don’t know WHY it happens, but I can feel it happening. “My face is red, isn’t it…” I’ll say. And then the person I’m talking to will either say it isn’t and that I’m imagining it, or they’ll say ‘um, I guess kind of?’ or they’ll say ‘yes’ at which point I know I’m reaching angry tomato levels of ruddiness. Don’t be jealous!